It’s Monday. Ugh. Whether you spent the weekend playing frisbee in Central Park, carting your kids to soccer practice, singing your heart out at karaoke, or on the edge of your seat watching The Masters Tournament (Go Jordan!), Mondays can be a real drag. You can hear the collective yawns and sighs from every cubicle in the office.
It begins the moment your morning alarm sounds. You roll over, hit snooze, and groan.
Not to worry, we have you covered!
Here are 5 sure fire ways to overcome a Case of the Mondays!
1. Sleep. The same sleep schedule all week will help you feel rested and healthy. It’s important to avoid sleeping in or staying up too late on the weekend. Be sure to get to bed at a reasonable hour on Sunday evening. You’ll be thanking yourself come Monday morning! Being tired can only add stress to an already hectic morning.
2. Breakfast. Since childhood we’ve heard it a million times. “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!” Well, Mom was right. “Breakfast provides the body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast – that’s where its name originates, breaking the fast! Without breakfast you are effectively running on empty, like trying to start the car with no petrol!” (via ShakeUpYourWakeUp)
3. Exercise. Whether it’s a quick jog on the treadmill or a heart pumping class at Soul Cycle, make time in your life to get movin! Exercise makes us feel good and gives us endorphins. Endorphins fight stress and help us to feel happier!
4. Treat yourself! If coffee is your thing, don’t feel ashamed to grab that extra latte. You’re allowed some extra caffeine, it’s Monday after all and you deserve it! Spring weather calls for Starbucks Cold Brew to zap you out of the 3 o’clock Monday slump.
5. Weeknight Plans. Why live for the weekend when you can live for weeknights too? Happy hour with old college pals, tickets to a movie you’ve been dying to see, a baseball game, or maybe try that Paint Nite you’ve been hearing so much about. Sometimes fun weeknight plans are all we need to get through a Case of the Mondays.
Chin up, it’s almost Tuesday!